This is a “spur of the moment recipe”, made with a few ingredients I had in my pantry and fridge. It is a quick, comforting, and delicious meal. Perfect for these autumn days. And it’s vegan!
Feel free to change the veggies in this recipe for whatever you have most close at hand.
- Olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 jar cooked chickpeas
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1can of coconut milk
- Coriander to taste, dry or fresh and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion , peeled and chopped
- About 1 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder (or to taste)
- Turmeric, sweet or hot paprika, salt and pepper to taste
In a large pan with a bit of olive oil, sauté the onion and leeks gently for 10 minutes, add the remaining ingredients and stir together, you may need to add a bit of water if it is too dry. Simmer gently for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender. Stir from time to time.
If the sauce becomes too thick, add more water to get the desired consistency.