Hi! Here’s the English version of this fabulous recipe, signed by a great Spanish chef, Ferran Adrià.
Butifarra “esparracada” or ragged
- 6 butifarras (Catalan sausages) or any other fresh sausages
- 600 g mushrooms sliced or chopped into quarters
- Minced fresh parsley
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- A sprig of fresh rosemary
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- 12 tablespoons of wine (The original recipe uses sour wine (a Catalan wine), but if you can’t find it, use other kind of wine)
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Remove the skin from the sausages and form small meatballs with the meat (to remove the skin make a cut along the sausage).
Sauté the meatballs in olive oil until golden. Add garlic, rosemary and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the wine and deglaze, scraping the pan to retrieve all the meat juices. Remove from heat and set aside.
In another pan add the mushrooms and a bit of salt. Sauté for a few minutes and then add the sausage (with juices) and cook everything for 15 minutes.
Finally add the chopped parsley, correct the seasoning if needed and serve.
From the book “The Family Meal” by Ferran Adrià