Once again my fellow blogger from Morning erection, Tom Baker, has prepared a new meme for the summer. Twenty questions out of the mind of other bloggers and himself, designed to know each other a little bit better and laugh a lot. I have to say that I’ve been quite honest with my answers, but I don’t like to take myself too seriously, so don’t read too much into them.
1. When you were a child what was the hardest or scariest thing in the world (i.e. movie, book, chore, etc.) to you that as an adult is neither hard nor scary?
Being home alone at night. My mom was a nurse, so she used to work the night shift at the hospital and my two older brothers used those opportunities to go out. I had to stay at home by myself and sometimes it was a bit scary. Nowadays I enjoy so much being alone at home… you have no idea!!
But I have to say that evil clowns and dolls (read It and Chucky) and ghost children (read The ring) still scare me…
Giada de Laurentis I guess, I don’t know the other two chefs… sorry. But I love to watch Top Chef and that’s a show I will love to be in
3. What is your favorite theme offered by your blogging platform that you are not using and what theme do you absolutely hate? Provide links to both along with your explanation.
I don’t browse the themes at WP very often; I like the one I’m using right now. But the premium themes are beautiful: Pretty Young Thing, Funki or Portfolio are cute and great way to show your photographs
4. Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
My father, he left when I was very little and I can honestly say that I don’t know him. Even though I know where he lives and how he looks like and that we exchange a letter once in a while, something will be broken maybe forever between us two…
5. What would you take to a deserted island?
A lot of books, an iPod (and a charger) and Chris Evans 😉 I’m in a Captain America phase right now…
6. If you could get into the mind of anyone (living or dead) and read all their thoughts, whose mind would you choose to raid?
Is not easy to choose, because I could choose someone I admire, like the Pope, but I could also choose someone I think is doing it all wrong and see if he/she is doing it out of pure idiocy or pure evil…
7. What are the entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to your side of the bed?
Puff! I don’t know…
a lot of crap, that’s for sure, but there’s pencils, post cards, my kindle, my current paper book (about the Catholic kings) a prayer book, old photographs, hair stuff, and a lot of dust…don’t judge me, read number 10.
8. What is the one thing you have in your dorm, apartment, or house that you never want your parents to find?
I guess some books… This video will enlighten you… http://youtu.be/ovlH5u67xG4 (I’m sorry, couldn’t embed it)
Truth or dare will do fine, also scary stories, twister…
10. What aspect/trait about your personality are you most sensitive about (as in, you wouldn’t stand anyone criticizing about this one aspect)?
My lack of orderliness, I’m a mess! But I don’t like people pointing that out…
11. Mr. Tom Baker has had two previous virtual nude dinner parties. He is now inviting you, his blogger friends to his home for a real nude dinner party. This is not a virtual dinner party; it is the real thing with all expenses paid and the usual five course dinner prepared by him. Will you or will you not be present at said nude party?
No way in hell!! Sorry Mr. R, too many body image issues 😉
I will love to have something from Central Perk!
13. If literary characters were real and you could interview any one of them, who would it be and what’s the first question you would ask?
Edward Cullen. Want a bite? I’m kidding! I don’t know… I read a lot, and the most interesting books I’ve read are about real people, so they are not really characters… And the other kind of books are children’s stories, so maybe Peter (the one with the wolf), and my first question? Have you read the fables of La Fontaine?
14. If you had to choose a theme song for yourself from only the Classical genre, which song would it be?
Le sacre du printemps (The Rite of Spring) by Stravinsky. Because I love Disney’s Fantasy
15. What is your most quirky habits?
I need to be sure that all doors and windows are securely closed at night. Even if I’m already in bed I will get up and check again just to be sure…
Very long time ago, when I played video games… I never got to finish Final Fantasy XII. Just the other day I bought the Lost video game, I haven’t even install it yet, but I’m trying to connect with my inner Peter Pan… I also get to be a little childish when playing Singstar with friends from time to time (that reminded me I have to invite them soon)
17. If there was ever a past relationship, (friend or otherwise), that you could go back and mend, would you? Who would it be with, and why?
I can’t think of any. But this question is very similar to number 4. And even though I didn’t do anything to harm that relationship, I think I would love if things have been different.
18. What would you do if all of your followers left comments daily and would be it be too much for you to handle? Would you hire someone to answer comments for you?
No I wouldn’t. I’ll try to answer, even if is just a thanks and a smiley face 🙂
19. Do you know how far back your ancestry goes on either side of your family tree? How far?
No, I just know until my great-grandmother/father from my mom side and from my father side only until my grandparents.
20. If you could compare yourself to anything in the universe, what would you compare yourself to? Why?
Never thought about it. I mean, I like being human, so I don’t want to be anything different nor I compare myself to anything different than a thirty something woman, married, with four children and two dogs… a Desperate housewife!