I’m nothing special; in fact I’m a bit of a bore
If I tell a joke, you’ve probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing…
And what that might be? A group of new and very good bloggers friends.
That is a beautiful song, is the “bonus track” from Mamma Mia! The Movie. Through WP and this blog I’ve made a lot of new friends. They are kind and generous. They are always there to read my posts and to write a comment and also, from time to time I get an award (or 6) that fills my heart with joy.
One of these friends sent me last month a bunch of awards and a meme which is a great way to get to know each other better, even if is only through some Q&A. It took me some time to answer her questions, but here they are at last.
But first I want to recommend a visit to Dayle’s blog, is called I shall be a toat. It will be a very interesting reading. She writes about her life and thoughts in a charming way.
Now, let’s start with the awards. I will I pass them along at the end of this post.
Then we have The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award and the Stylish Blogger Award, which are new for me. I have to share 7 random facts about myself, pass the Awards on to 10 deserving blog buddies (later) and contact those buddies to let them know.
7 Random Facts about BJB’s author:
1. I am hooked on TV series
2. I love Cecelia Ahern books
3. I tend to cry when I talk about my personal stuff
4. I’ve been on and off a diet since I was 15
5. I like to sing while I cook and drive (but I don’t cook and drive at the same time)
6. I’m a night owl
7. But, I love to sleep
The Sunshine Blogger Award has two rules, pass it along to 10 inspirational bloggers and let them know . . . and answer nine questions, here they are:
1. Favorite color?
Blue. Obviously, I mean, haven’t you noticed yet? 😉
2. Favorite animal?
Dogs. I have two of them, Lucy and Tommy. They are my companions at night when I’m writing my posts.
3. Favorite number?
I really don’t have one. But I guess I can say 19,031,229. The birthdays of my children.
4. Favorite drink?
What I drink constantly is diet coke, but that is not my favorite drink. I love white wine,
5. Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook, I still can’t get Twitter. Maybe is because I don’t have anything that interesting to say about my day by day (or should I say minute to minute).
6. Your passion?
7. Giving or getting presents?
Both. But it is true that when you really put yourself on the task of choosing a present for someone, it feels really good when his/her face lights up because you nail it.
8. Favorite day?
9. Favorite flowers?
Well, there’s a flower that my mom and grandpa used to call “Galán de Noche”. I’ve been trying to find its name in English but didn’t succeed. I like this flower because it only blooms at night and the flowers only last for one night. I remember the excitement of my mom when she saw that there was flowers ready to bloom that night; she would wake me up just to watch it. Is one of my dearest memories from my childhood (even if back then I complaint a little…) Here’s a pic.
The Kreativ Blogger Award. The rules for this one are to share 10 things that no one (in the blogging community) knows about me and to pass it along to 6 other people. Well, I’ve already gave up 16 things about myself that most of you didn’t know, so there, mission accomplished!
Finally I’m going to do the meme. These are “Da Rules”:
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog (already did, so please, don’t make me do more!!)
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
These are the questions Dayle sent me:
1. What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?
Jamiroquai at Rock in Rio Madrid in 2008. Best concert ever!! I also had the opportunity to watch Amy Winehouse (amazing!! No matter what people say about her or the way she lived her life. She was a very talented artist). As for Jay, I love him.
2. What political/social cause are you most passionate about?
Hehe. That’s a tricky one, because I try to follow the social rule that says not to talk about politics, sports or religion… Well, that’s not totally true; I do talk about religion and sports… Ok, I support this cause: Derecho a Vivir.org
3. What pets do you have?
I have two dogs, Tommy (after Tommy Hilfiger), seven years old Yorkie and Lucy (after Lucy Pevensie), and a 4 years old mix lab.
4. If you had to leave the US and live in another country for a year, where would you go? Why?
I live in Madrid. So if I have to leave Spain and live in another country for a year that would be the US, New York. Because I have a Sex and the City/Gossip Girl tainted vision of The City and I would love to live it (please, don’t spoil it for me…).
5. Do you judge the events in your life by whether they are Facebook status/Twitter update worthy?
Not at all.
6. Could you truly live “the simple life”?
Absolutely, as long as I have a plasma TV, Internet connection and Satellite.
7. Pro-Twilight, anti-Twilight, or you don’t give a shit?
Pro-Twilight!! Of course and Team Edward 100%. Even though Jacob was kind of cute in the last movie… I know I’m too old for this, but I shield behind my daughter Pilar 😉
8. Do you consider yourself cynical? Why or why not?
Sometimes I am. Why? can’t help it 🙂
9. Which character from Gilligan’s Island would you be and why?
The Radio Announcer, because that way I wouldn’t have to worry about looking good, I could telecast the news in my PJs!
10. What is your favorite song lyric? Why?
I have several favorite song lyrics…for instance, Hotel California, Stair way to heaven, Bohemian Rhapsody… But there’s one song from the movie August Rush, it’s called Raise It Up… no words.
11. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
After answering these questions I have to come up with 11 new ones and pass them to other bloggers. Here they are:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s your favorite TV show?
3. Were you satisfied with last Harry Potter movie?
4. What’s favorite dish; do you know how to make it?
5. I you could live anywhere or in anytime, where/when would that be?
6. What’s your position on P2P?
7. What movie do you think is going to win Best Movie at the Oscars this year?
8. Which movie you think should really win as Best Movie in the Oscars this year?
9. Keanu reeves, George Clooney or Ryan Reynolds?
10. Sharlize Theron, Sandra Bullock or Catherine Zeta Jones?
11. Which is your favorite musical?
Ok, those are my questions. Now I’m going to pass along these awards and meme to some fellow bloggers. Of course you can do with these awards as you please. You can answer them all together as Dayle and I did or (if you have the time and that many secrets) answer them separately or you can do nothing and simply enjoy the answers other will post (I hope).
I enjoyed a lot the whole morning it took me to put together this post (I had to run some errants in between awards) and I will enjoy even more reading your answers and comments.
Here are the nominees:
1. Barbara, from just a smidgen
2. Hayley, from sunnydaycakes
5. Christie Pepper, from Cookiemomma’s blog
6. Mandy, from The Complete Cook Book
Have a wonderful day!!
Now a note to my Spanish readers:
A mis lectores en español, lo siento mucho, pero no creo que vaya a traducir este post al castellano, no creo que merezca la pena hacerlo, no soy tan interesante… Así que no os perdéis nada.