Finally the day has arrived. Here are the 20 questions for the 2011 meme edition…And my answers. At the end of the post you will find the list of all of this year participants, so take a minute or two and enjoy the ride 😉
1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts?
First I like to cook dishes that I used to enjoy back in Panama. Then I like recipes that I know my kids will like (mainly because they are my guinea pigs) and finally I love to try new recipes attached to history or traditions from Panama and other countries.
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why?
That’s a tough one. I like many blogs; the stories they tell and the people behind them. But if I have to choose one, I would switch with Cecilia, from Thekitchengarden. I love the way she lives her life and the wonderful way she has to translate those experiences into words.
3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?
I’ll Be There for you, by The Rembrandts. Why? Because I’m a super Friend’s fan. And because “So no one told you life was gonna be this way Your job’s a joke, you’re broke, your love life’s DOA It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear But when it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, or even your year I’ll be there for you…”
4. What is your writing process for a post?
The regular process starts by figuring out at the beginning of the week what I want to cook that week. Then I buy the ingredients that I need and choose one of the recipes for that week and make it. I take the picture (or wait for my daughter Pilar to take it) and when everybody is in bed (11 o’clock or so) I’ll write the post in English; double check the orthography (Word and Google translator) then I do the same in Spanish. And post them. But that rarely happens. Most of the times the whole process occurs in the same morning, the Hispanic Heritage Week that I made back in October for instance.
5. Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot – what would it be?
6. Do you feel you express your “true self” on your blog?
I try to do it. But is a bit difficult in English, because is not my first language. I think of something and then I try to put it in words, but sometimes I just can’t. I’m much more talkative in person.
7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve?
SPAM and phishing
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why?
I like my present universe. Some others come to mind, but not to live in them. I mean, who would like to live in the Middle-earth…? With all those Orcs and Trolls, not to mention Gollum . But wait!! I found one. Narnia. Yes! Why? I love C.S. Lewis and the Pevensie, actually one of my dogs is called Lucy, after Queen Lucy the Valiant.
9. You’re having a bad day, you’re upset, you’re angry, or you’re sad – what is your go-to comfort?
Sorry to the non-smokers, but I will go to my kitchen, light a cigarette, turn on the radio and open a cook book; or turn on the TV or PC and watch an episode of one of my favorite comedy series (friends, modern family, happy endings, big bang theory…)
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference”
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival?
Hoho! Me, Rosario Dawson or Eva Mendes (they are both gorgeous). My leading man, Keanu Reeves (love him!!) or Ryan Reynolds (cute!!). My best friend, America Ferrera (she seems nice). And my rival Penelope Cruz (can’t stand her!!!).
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012?
Nope. Sorry, I know the rules say no “yes or no” answers, but my answer is NO.
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
My ability to gain weight! Is like a superpower…
14. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring, because everything is reborn.
15. You’ve been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth?
I will embrace it!! No doubt there, especially if there’s a Cullen involved 😉
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?
No, not yet. But I will love to.
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?
Worn, they are my favorite, aren’t they? I’m kidding.
18. Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later?
No, never. But not because of other people, but because probably somebody did it before…
19. What is your favorite word and explain why?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Do I have to explain why? Come on people!!!
20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you’d like to do different on your blog in the year 2012?
I will like to make it more appealing to recurrent and new readers.
Well, that’s all folks! Remember to take a look at the others participants.
Have a nice day!